|photo illustration by pixabay.com|
Homemade insect repellent - There are many different types of homemade insect repellents. Many people use these repellents to prevent insects from biting them or coming into their homes. You can make your own mosquito and fly spray using ingredients found around your home.
Here the most common ingredients used in homemade insect repellent :
- Citronella oil – This oil smells like lemons, and it’s a natural mosquito deterrent. It repels both flies and mosquitoes.
- Lemon juice – Another ingredient that helps keep pesky bugs at bay; lemon juice also has antibacterial properties which help fight off harmful bacteria that could cause skin irritation or worse.
- 1) Predetermine the amount of dettol you'll need based on how strong you want your deterrent to be; start with just a few drops or teaspoons per application.
- 2) Add dettol directly to water or petroleum jelly (jahe), then apply it liberally where needed- especially around entrances and windowsills, near plants that attract bugs (especially mosquitoes).
What is dettol and what does it do?
How to Make Homemade Insect Repellent Using Dettol
- Pour one teaspoon of dettol into the bottle.
- Swirl the bottle around to combine the ingredients.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice.
- Put the cotton balls into the mixture and place it in a safe location where insects will not be able to reach it.